Friday 8 May 2009

Bahrain Princess loves Ralph Lauren Childrenswear



London based stylist's blog, run by Rebekah Roy, recently interviewed Bahrain Princess and "International style icon" Raya Al Khalifa. Whilst reading the interesting article - which reveals her style inspiration and how being a mum has influenced the way she dresses - we were delighted to discover that she not only loves the Ralph Lauren childrenswear range that we so adore, she also dresses her son in their stylish attire!

Here's a peek at some of the interview:

How would you describe your style?
RA: Being Middle Eastern and having a good dose of Floridian glamour injected to my aesthetic tastes means I really love opulence and shiny bright pretty things. The Londoner in me, however, pulls some of it back, creating the perfect blend so as not to make me look too tropical or typical or even tragic… I hope!

What inspires your style?
RA - Location! I can get away with different things in Europe than America and the same for the Middle East. So my location inspires me. Art, sub-culture, and fashion shows inspire me as well! I’m always ready and willing to try something that seems a bit avant-garde before it does become very commercial.

Do you prefer Middle Eastern fashion or Western Style?
RA: I genuinely love and am inspired by both.

What fashion magazine/websites/etc. do you like?
RA: Elle, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, both US and UK editions and I dutifully report to style.com to check out the shows and trends!

As a new mother are you finding that you’re shopping habits or passion for fashion has been affected?
RA: Having a son I have discovered my inner tomboy. I’m more ready to get dirty in the park while in London or run in the desert back home. Because of this I have expanded on my daily casual uniform. What was once heels and pristine outfits are now over the knee flat boots with leggings and a black mini Lady Dior bag with gold hardware worn with the shoulder strap. I’m also lusting after the hunter and Jimmy Choo collaboration, which yielded what is the most stylish Wellington boot I’ve ever seen! Croc embossed rubber boots!

Do you think your son will inherit your great style?
RA: I’m already dressing him like his father, which means English gentleman with a touch of polo player chic. Ralph Lauren children’s line is a dream, and has mini me versions of the men’s clothing line for little boys. There I just got him a lovely linen summer beige suit; complete with a green and yellow tie, and a colorful handkerchief for the jacket pocket!

Do you enjoy doing your own shopping?
RA: I love shopping I consider it to be my therapy!


By the sound of it, the lovely Raya has managed to transfer her eye for style from her own to dressing her son very successfully. We would have loved to seen the outfit on!

To view the Ralph Lauren's childrenswear range, click here.

No comments: